Psychological Well-Being of High School Students During the Pandemic: Kesejahteraan Psikologis Siswa SMA Dimasa Pandemi
- high school students,
- psychological well-being
Copyright (c) 2022 Zaki Nur Fahmawati , Nurfi Laili, Ramon Ananda Paryontri
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had an impact on various groups, including high school students. Changes in various aspects of life can have a negative effect on the quality of life of high school students. Naturally, high school students are in their teens, which is a period of crisis as they experience changes, both physically and psychologically. Adolescents who fail to manage changes in themselves and adjust to various changes during this pandemic can fall into negative tendencies. Psychological well-being is an important factor that can help high school students in dealing with times of crisis and turmoil and various changes during the pandemic. The purpose of this study was to describe the psychological well-being of high school students during pandemic. This study uses a quantitative descriptive method. The research subjects were 273 teenagers at SMA Negeri 3 Sidoarjo. The sample was determined by the cluster sampling method. Meanwhile, data were collected using a psychological well-being scale from Caroll D.Ryff. The results showed that most of the students of SMA Negeri 3 Sidoarjo had psychological well-being in the moderate category. The most influential dimension on students' psychological well-being is personal growth, where adolescents feel happy when they are able to develop their potential.
- A. Diananda, “Psikologi Remaja Dan Permasalahannya,” J. ISTIGHNA, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 116–133, 2019, doi: 10.33853/istighna.v1i1.20.
- A. Prabowo, “Kesejahteraan Psikologis Remaja Di Sekolah,” J. Ilm. Psikol. Terap., vol. 04, no. Agustus, pp. 246–260, 2016.
- C. Ryff, C.D.& Keyes, “The stuctur of wellbeing. Journal of personality and social psychology,” J. Pers. Soc. Psychol., vol. 4, pp. 19–727, 1995.
- A. Koydemir, S., Sökmez, A. B., & Schütz, “A Meta-Analysis of the Effectiveness of Randomized Controlled Positive Psychological Interventions on Subjective and Psychological Well-Being. Applied Research in Quality of Life,” 2020, [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11482-019-09788-z.
- L. López, J., Perez-Rojo, G., Noriega, C., Carretero, I., Velasco, C., Martinez-Huertas, J. A., López-Frutos, P., & Galarraga, “Psychological well-being among older adults during the COVID-19 outbreak: A comparative study of the young-old and the old-old adults. International Psychogeriatrics,” vol. 11, pp. 1365–1370, 2020, [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1041610220000964.
- V. ( Saladino, V., Algeri, D., & Auriemma, “he Psychological and Social Impact of Covid-19: New Perspectives of Well-Being.,” Front. Psychol., vol. 11, 2020, [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2020.577684.
- D. C. Meo, S. A., Abukhalaf, A. A., Alomar, A. A., Sattar, K., & Klonoff, “COVID-19 Pandemic: Impact of Quarantine on Medical Students’ Mental Wellbeing and Learning Behaviors,” [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.12669/pjms.36.COVID19-S4.2809.
- K. ( Wiguna, T., Anindyajati, G., Kaligis, F., Ismail, R. I., Minayati, K., Hanafi, E., Murtani, B. J., Wigantara, N. A., Putra, A. A., & Pradana, “rief Research Report on Adolescent Mental Well-Being and School Closures During the COVID-19 Pandemic in Indonesia,” Front. Psychiatry, vol. 11, pp. 1–9, 2020, [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyt.2020.598756.
- Z. Ifdil, I., Fadli, R. P., Suranata, K., Zola, N., & Ardi, “Online mental health services in Indonesia duringthe COVID-19 outbreak,” Asian J. Psychiatr., 2020, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2020.102153.
- M. Akhtar, “Applying positive psychology to alcohol-misusing adolescents. : a pilot intervension,” United Kingdom : Msc applied positive psychology on University of East London, 2009.
- G. B. RL Buchanan, “In the context of adult support: The influence of peer support on the psychological well-being of middle-school students,” Child Adolesc. Soc. Work J., 2008.
- T. Indrawati, “Peranan Kecerdasan Emosi dan Dukungan Sosial terhadap Kesejahteraan Psikologis Siswa SMP Terbuka di Cirebon,” Edukasia Islam., vol. 2, no. 1, p. 70, 2017.
- Elvira Cicognani, “Coping Strategies With Minor Stressors in Adolescence: Relationships With Social Support, Self-Efficacy, and Psychological Well-Being,” J. Appl. Soc. Psychol., vol. 41, no. 3, 2011, [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.2011.00726.x.
- H. B. Ryff, D.C., & Singer, “Know thyself and become what you are a eudaimonic approach to psychological well being,” J. Happiness Stud., vol. 9, no. 13–39, 2008.
- K. Z. Saputro, “Memahami Ciri dan Tugas Perkembangan Masa Remaja,” Apl. J. Apl. Ilmu-ilmu Agama, vol. 17, no. 1, p. 25, 2018, doi: 10.14421/aplikasia.v17i1.1362.